Monday, January 16, 2012

you're the one that made my blue eyes blue...


Ladies with blue eyes (like myself!), this is for you.  I think one of the best things about makeup is being able to play up the features you like most about your face. Mine is the eyes and if I want them to stand out I know that anything in the brown family is going to do that for me (deep plums have a similar effect for me, just not as BAM as brown!).

This is actually one of my favorite color combinations just for that reason. The 3 main colors in the look were Passion, Bone, & Sex Kitten:


This is what I did:
I started by sweeping a little bit of Butterfly under my brow with the Eye Defying Brush. Not a lot, just a little to give it some sheen.
Then I moved on to the lid, when I do multiple colors on my lid I always start with the darkest color on the outermost part of my lid and work my way in, that way when I use the lighter color on the inner part and work my way out it blends together really well.  I used the Heavenly Liner Blending brush (side note: just because a brush has a specific name doesn't mean you can't use it in other ways), to apply Passion in the outer most part of my lid, working in inwards about half way. Then when I was happy with the pigment of the color I moved on to using the Tapered Eyeshadow Brush to apply Bone. I started from the inner most corner working outwards to where Passion ended, making sure this lighter color overlapped the darker color, I did this until the 2 colors were blended enough to look like they just fade into each other.
I used Sex Kitten on my crease, applying it with the Tapered Crease Defining always starting at the outermost part of the crease and working its way in, using a tiny circular motion. I have found with the crease you really have to get a handle on the wrist movement to find your "perfect style", it's taken me many a mess up to realize to do a small circular movement back and forth. I concentrated on the outside more, as that is where I personally like the volume and the color to be at its highest.  
The liner I did the exact same way I did in my previous look, using Round the Clock Eyeliner in 7pm, a really nice deep brown color, the line everything top, bottom and waterline. I took the eyeliner and lightly brushed it on the lash line starting from the inner corner to the outer. Once that was done I took my Full Edged Liner brush to make sure the line was blended and as neat as I wanted it. For the bottom I actually took my Soft Focus Liner Brush and swept it back & forth on the pencil itself to get the color on the brush, then I slowly applied it right underneath my waterline starting from the outside working my way in. If I needed more color, I simply re-ran my brush over the pencil and traced the line I had already made.  After that all that was left was to apply the liner directly on to my waterline & finish it all off with mascara.

and Voila!


and to show you the full effect of brown colors surrounding blue eyes, this is a picture of me after I have finished putting on the rest of my makeup. 





Now for those of you with eye colors other than blue, I don't want you to feel left out so here's a list of colors that great for each eye color:

Green:  try purples
Brown: try greens and pinks
Hazel: try golds!


until next time,
janine

2 comments:

  1. I hate when blue eye kits come with blue shadows. It it not 1985, get away from me with that crap! I wholeheartedly agree with your color choices.

    Love, Kirstin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I'm not afraid of blue eye shadow, its kinda fun to play with but the kits say they bring out your eyes is wrong! Opposites attract!

    and thanks for following me! <3
    miss your face!

    ReplyDelete