Thursday, January 19, 2012

have confidence in this skin...


To me the foundation to any good MakeUp application is good skin. I will be the first to admit that my skin and I have a love/hate relationship. Sometimes it works with me and sometimes it rebels against me, I'd be lying if I didn't say I suffer from breakouts from time to time. This past Christmas, Santa brought me something to help with that... The Clarisonic. I cannot say enough good things about this. A Clarisonic is a facial cleaning system developed by the company that brought you the Sonicare Toothbrush, so the best way to describe it is: imagine what the Sonicare does to your teeth, the Clarisonic does to your skin. The Clarisonic works with your skin’s natural elasticity to gently remove the impurities that washing with your facial cleanser and hands just doesn't do.  The one is have is the Mia, it runs about $119, and comes in a variety of colors, mine is Pink, go figure ;)

What I love the most about it, aside from how my skin feels after I use it, is that it runs on a timer, you push the button to start it, work it all over you face with your facial cleanser, and then after 60 seconds it turns off. I think before that I was taking too long in washing my face, if that is even possible. There are also different "Brush Heads" you can purchase if you so needed. The Mia that I have came with the "Sensitive" Brush Head, which is perfect for me, it feels soft and doesn't irritate my skin with the circular movement. 

The other brush heads are:
Normal: Perfect for Normal skin types
Delicate: for someone who needs something less than Sensitive
Deep Pore: which is mostly for someone with Oily Skin and/or Large Pores
Body: which only works on the Clarisonic Plus and PRO Models, and that is for your body (obviously).

Storing and Re-Charging the Clarisonic is so easy. Once I am done washing my face I simply give the Clarisonic a good rinse, working all product out of the brush, I will use a smidge of anti-bacterial soap if needed, like if I used it to remove my makeup (which I do) is when I use the soap.  Dry off everything the best I can with a towel, put the lid back on and leave it in the Bathroom. I've had the device since Christmas, have used it 2x a day ever since I got it and have only had to charge it twice, so the battery life is completely amazing!

Also, the Mia I have came with a "Gentle Hydro Cleanser", I used it once just to see how I liked it, as I am a girl who is very much stuck in her skin care routine, because the one I have for myself works, if it ain't broke don't fix it! BUT I did try this one. It was OK. My skin felt soft and smooth afterwards, but it was hard to tell if it was from the cleanser or the brush itself. I noticed the next day that I have a couple of little pimples on my forehead, so it wasn't anything major, but the way I look at it is, the cleanser I already use doesn't do that after I use it with the device, so I'm just going to keep things they way they are, for the sake of my own skin.

This is my one recommendation to all of you out there, if you are able to get the Clarisonic I sad DO IT! my skin has never felt this soft in the 28 years I've been around. So if it is in your means, try it out, you will not be sorry.

Clarisonic can be purchased on the following sites:

No comments:

Post a Comment