Thursday, January 12, 2012

start simple or with a bang?

Hello, to all those out in internet land! I hope you are doing well and please bare with me as I get the hang of this whole blogging thing :)

I have been thinking about starting a blog for a few months now and for some reason today I was like "I'm just going to do it". Then I spent about 12 hours trying to figure out if I wanted to start with a BANG or just keep it simple for my first time. Well, I went simple. For one main reason, I had about 20 minutes today to be ready and out the door and wanted an eye look that looked put together, but quick and easy.

This was the final product:




This literally took all about 5 minutes today. Which is why I am so IN LOVE with the Bare Minerals High Shine Eye Color. They are quick, super blend-able, and have the right amount of shine.

I started by putting some primer on my ring finger (I don't know why I use that finger, it eels natural to me, I guess) and just rubbing it over both eye lids. Then under my brow I took my Maximum Coverage Face Brush, that had a little of my foundation still on it and just blended that in there. After that I grabbed the High Shine Eye Color in Frost and lightly swiped it over my lid, not with any precision what so ever. Then I grabbed my go-to eye brush, Tapered Shadow Brush and blended the color all over my lid and then with the excess left on the brush I blended it up into my crease until I got the look I was going for. For the top liner I used Round the Clock Eyeliner in Midnight, which is actually part of the Away We Glow Collection, I love this liner, the staying power of it is fantastic, lasts for hours, even on your waterline! I took the eyeliner and lightly brushed it on the lash line starting from the inner corner to the outer. Once that was done I took my Full Edged Liner brush to make sure the line was blended and as neat as I wanted it. For the bottom liner I used the Light Show eyeliner in Galaxy (another obsession of mine, I love the staying power!). First I did right under the waterline the same way I did my upper lash line, except I started from the outer most corner and worked towards the inside and then blended it out with the Soft Focus Liner Brush. Then applied the liner directly to my water line. I finished off the look with one coat of Flawless Definition Mascara and then one coat of Flawless Definition Volumizing Mascara, what can I say I love long lashes and that's how I get them :)

I hope you enjoyed my first post and I am hoping for many more to come. Aside from just "looks" I'm hoping to do product reviews of kits I have as well as share some organizing techniques as well! Please feel free to let me know if there's something you want to see or know and I'll do my best to make it happen!

See you soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment