Tuesday, January 31, 2012

flyin' purple people eater...


Lately I have been on a purple kick. I love the freshness that I think it brings, especially in the Winter Months, even though here in New Jersey where it has hardly felt like winter at all. For this look I used one of my favorite purple shades, Angel. Yet another one of those colors that look "scary" in the pot but amazing on. I love it's vibrancy.




What colors you will need:
- Delight
- Stardust
- Halo
- Angel
- Black liner of your choice.
Any 4 tones of purple will work for this look, so really it's a preference thing on your part.

I started by sweeping Delight under my brow with the Full Tapered Shadow Brush. I did that a couple of times because it's a pretty fair toned color.
For my lid I used the Tapered Shadow Brush to apply Stardust in the outer most part, working it's way inwards about half way. Then used my Heavenly Shadow Brush to apply Halo. Halo is also on the fair side, so I used more of that than the Stardust. After I had both colors on my eye I took my Blending Brush and moved it back & forth, lightly, over the "line" where the 2 colors met, until it looked like Halo was melting into Stardust.
Crease time! I used the Soft Focus Shadow Brush with Angel lightly on the tip of the brush, with the crease I will always start out with the color barely on the brush and build it to the vibrancy I want. You can always add more, taking away is a little harder. (However, sometimes I have gone too heavy with the crease and I generally just find a white shade to layer over it to play it down.) With my brush I just swept the color directly in the crease, above the lid, below the brow, using tiny circular motions. I did that more than a couple of times, each time adding more color to the brush, until Angel looked like I wanted it to.
The first liner used was Round the Clock Eyeliner in Midnight. I took the eyeliner and lightly brushed it on the lash line starting from the inner corner to the outer. Once that was done I took my Full Edged Liner brush to make sure the line was blended and as neat as I wanted it.
For under the eye, I used the Prime Time Primer Shadow in Gunmetal. I love these, the colors are amazing, are water and smudge proof, the Perfect combination for under your eyes. With the Primer Shadows though, it takes a little longer to do them as a liner. I start by putting a small dab of it on the top of my left hand and then dab my Soft Focus Liner brush into it a couple of times to get the color on, then I apply it starting from the outside working my way in. With the Primer Shadows, they dry FAST, so you may have to keep repeating the steps above until you are happy with the pigment. BUT once it is on, it's not going anywhere. (PS: they are great eye shadows, hmmm, maybe next entry will be about them).
When I was done with under the eye, I went back to the Round the Clock Eyeliner in Midnight for my water line, starting from the outermost corner working my way in. Top it all off with mascara and you are good to go!

Until next time,
Janine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment